Monday, April 20, 2009

Tunjuk ajar ku sifu !

That is the famous tagline of one of the most known reality television show here in Malaysia. It's about a group of people,each assigned to their own individual mentor, to be taught how to sing,perform,and learn every skills needed to be one top singer. I've never been a follower of Mentor,I used to watched Akademi Fantasia constantly when it was still in it's season 1 and 2 era, but when it went beyond that,it just lost it's touch,and I lost interest.

Anyways,talking about Mentor,yesterday was my first real encounter with the show,as I was browsing the television,waiting for Merlin to start.The Mentors for this season is Lah Ahmad from VE(my once favourite local R&B group.Loved the vocal and incredible songs),Adibah Nor,Ajai,Awie,and Queen of Dangdut,Mas Idayu.

The show I watched yesterday basically showed the process of the selection of contestant. It showed clips from previous auditions,where very huge number of people showed up,in hopes of becoming the next fortnight nation sensation. But I could not believe it(the same way I feel everytime I watch any reality tv shows' auditions),some of the people who came for audition were ridiculously embarassing! They have no talents to sing at all, and when they Mentors tell them straight in their face that they are no good, they would break down and cry, or curse and swear into the camera.

Unbelievable !

Bughuk peghangai aku tengok orang Malaysia depan camera mcm ni.

But I have to somehow praise them for their courage,and bravery for singing with thick skin infront of the camera,and risking humiliating themselves infront of the whole country.*clapclap*

Last but not least, I hope the Mentors will find what they are looking for,which is real talent.

No comments: